1. How long have you been crossfitting? Longer than it looks:) Honestly, I think Shawn introduced me to it about three years ago.
2. What is your favorite movement that we do in CrossFit? Shoulder to overhead…not for technique but because I like lifting heavy things.
3. What was your biggest fear coming into CrossFit MO2? Embarrassing myself…and doing handstand pushups, box jumps and rope climbs.
4. What CF accomplishment are you most proud of? Anytime I get to ring your new PR bell.
5. What's your 9-5 (job)? I’m a Lutheran Pastor serving New Life Lutheran Church in Norwalk. Been doing it for almost 11 years and love most all that ministry brings to my daily life…and it’s never 9-5.
6. Other than CrossFit, what else do you like to do in your free time? Well, I shuffle my kids to school and then to swimming, baseball, basketball or softball practice. I really like to take my dog for long walks after dark. It’s a great time for me to pray, and decompress after an evening meeting. And family vacations. Kids are at a great age for those too.
7. What keeps you coming back each day? My wife…I "married up.”
8. If you could cherrypick a WOD what would you choose? PARTNER. Anything PARTNER.
9. One thing your WOD friends don't know about you? My name is still on the Wilson Junior High School Bench Press Hall of Fame for a 230 lbs bench press when I was in eight grade.
10. Favorite "Cheat" Meal? ..Let’s be honest, and you can tell, I’m not a "clean eater.” ICE CREAM, pizza, cheesecake, cheese, chips, arbys, burger king, chick fil a, oh and Ice Cream. Lately my son and I have been watching the world series with root beer floats. That’s pretty great.