1. How long have you been crossfitting? Joining in the suffering since January 2015
2. What is your favorite movement that we do in CrossFit? I love Bar Muscle-ups.
3. What was your biggest fear coming into CrossFit MO2DT? Rowing, definitely Rowing. It makes me feel weak, frail, and insecure...
4. What CF accomplishment are you most proud of? Crossfit is hard, and every time i complete a workout I'm proud. Most recently, I'm proud of completing 16.5. It took me a few ticks short of 25 minutes, and i thought many times of giving up during the workout, but i didn't!
5. What's your 9-5 (job)? If by 9-5 you mean, 9 pm-5 am...I work for Walnut Creek Church Downtown overseeing the college ministry with Grand View University students. I also do snow removal and Lawn care. I work when it snow, the grass grows, and my students are available.
6. Other than CrossFit, what else do you like to do in your free time? I enjoy woodworking and metal fabrication. It helps me clear my mind, its easy for me, and i like to work with my hands. I also like to hunt!
7. What keeps you coming back each day? I go insane when i can't be active and competitive. This allows me to do both. I also love the community at Max Oxygen.
8. If you could cherrypick a WOD what would you choose?
3 rounds of:
3 clean/jerk 155
30 Double unders
3 bar muscle ups
30 sit ups
9. One thing your WOD friends don't know about you? I was under 5 feet tall and under 100 lbs. until the end of my sophomore year of high school, though i talked a lot of trash because you can't hit the tiny kid... true? true :)
10. Favorite "Cheat" Meal? Steak, mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus, and a glass bottle of coke.