1. When you thought CrossFit, what came to your mind (before you joined)?
Flashbacks of the police academy! I didn't know it at the time because they didn't call it "Crossfit", but there was a reason there was a giant Pukey the Clown poster in the recruit break room. I had no idea what it was! I tried to stay in shape on my own after the academy, but finally admitted to myself I was just repeatedly doing things that I thought I was already good at. I wasn't able to push myself out of my comfort zone, so I knew I needed a change.
2. How many people know you're doing this CrossFit thing? (First rule: always talk about CF).
Mostly just my coworkers, because CrossFit is big in the law enforcement community. My family knows but still doesn't understand what it is. I'm working on them!
3. When do you typically WOD?
I'm now a nooner.
4. Tell us one thing we don't know about you from your high school days.
I used to be an endurance athlete, doing cross country and soccer throughout high school. Now I'm focused on the strength aspect instead, but am working on getting my cardio and endurance back to where it once was.
5. Best thing you've learned about this experience:
The atmosphere and camaraderie are amazing! There's nothing that can beat having a coach and a whole class pushing you and holding you accountable.