1. How long have you been crossfitting? Not that long, since April 2016.
2. What is your favorite movement that we do in CrossFit? I love doing pull ups. Front squats or back squats are a very close second.
3. What was your biggest fear coming into CrossFit MO2DT? Dropping the bar on my head during overhead squats. Really anything where the bar was over my head. I’m happy to say, I never dropped the bar on my head! Whew…
4. What CF accomplishment are you most proud of? All of it. My progression in form, the progression to heavier weights, doing my first Rx back in July, running 2 miles straight for the first time since I don’t know when…I still shake my head in amazement when I think about it and this is just month number 5, I’m excited for the future!
5. What’s your 9-5 (job)? I work at EMC Insurance as a Claims Subrogation Supervisor.
6. Other than CrossFit, what else do you like to do in your free time? I enjoy doing anything with my family; Anne, Tim, and Lauren. I also enjoy camping and fishing when I’m not at soccer practices or games.
7. What keeps you coming back each day? The culture/community of Max Oxygen and the great workouts that challenge me every minute I’m in the gym. It’s nice to have an hour out of the day to get away from the stresses of the day.
8. If you could cherrypick a WOD what would you choose? I don’t really have a favorite WOD yet, as they all have been good in their own way. However, anything with hand stand pushups or pull ups would be high on my top 3!
9. One thing your WOD friends don’t know about you? My Grandpa had an apple orchard out near Pittsburgh, PA. I’m keeping up the tradition here in Iowa. I am into year number 4 of a small apple orchard with 2 cherry trees, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries. Nothing beats picking a fresh apple off the tree while mowing or walking around the yard.
10. Favorite “Cheat” Meal? Pizza, no doubt. Is a milkshake a meal? If not, then pizza and a strawberry milkshake as my drink!