Get to know Laura P.!
1. When you thought CrossFit, what came to your mind (before you joined)? My first thoughts of CrossFit were it'd be a fun and effective way to stay in shape. I also thought the workouts would directly improve my physical readiness for the physical testing I have for work.
2. How many people know you're doing this CrossFit thing? (First rule: always talk about CF). I don't follow the first rule of CrossFit very well. Not many people know I'm doing CF. I talk about it with my wife and a few co-workers.
Favorite workout so far: I liked the WOD we did a couple weeks ago. 800m run, 50 hand release push-ups, 800m run, 30 burpee box jumps, 800m run, 10 bar muscle ups.
3. When do you typically WOD? I typically like to go to the 5:30pm WOD.
4. Tell us one thing we don't know about you from your high school days. I had many great experiences in high school but one that many peoplemight not know is- I got to perform during the half time show at the Peach Bowl in Atlanta with my high school band.
5. Best thing you've learned about this experience: I have learned there are some pretty cool people in Des Moines and I enjoy getting to know them more at each WOD.