Meet one of our newer members at MO2DT!
1. When you thought CrossFit, what came to your mind (before you joined)?
I didn't know much about it but figured it would be very intense. What surprised me is that the workouts are usually only 10-30 minutes long. I figured I'd hate every second of it and I'm surprised to have been wrong about that too.
2. How many people know you're doing this CrossFit thing? (First rule: always talk about CF). Favorite workout so far:
Several dozen I've lost track :) I can't always control how much weight I'm able to do (how much Jess lets me do, #jjp) but I can control how well I follow the First Rule. I like workouts that involve pullups because that's been the area of most improvement for me.
3. When do you typically WOD?
4:30 usually, or 5:30 if I feel my boss is more disappointed in me than usual
4. Tell us one thing we don't know about you from your high school days.
I went to Clear Lake HS, played baseball, basketball, and tennis. I worked at a McDonalds and that motivated me as well as anything else ever did.
5. Best thing you've learned about this experience:
To be honest I'm surprised at how accepting and non-judgmental everyone is. As someone who never lifted and doesn't have a lot of strength, it's pretty essential to have that environment. The coaches are very knowledgeable and do a great job at finding the balance between max effort and safety. Couldn't be happier about the decision to join and the way it's going.