1. How long have you been crossfitting?
My "Foundations-versary" (made that up myself) is Jun 6, 2017. But I did one free class in May of 2017, and that was when I knew I wanted to join.
2. Favorite movement we do in CrossFit?
Back squat—workin' for a booty that won't quit.
3. What was your biggest fear coming into CrossFit MO2DT?LOL I had so many fears.
I was afraid I wouldn't be able to keep up, that I'd feel "left out," that I wouldn't grow, or that I would suck so much I'd stick out like a sore thumb, and that people would judge me for not being able to do muscle-ups or use a barbell.
I was so, so wrong.
Anybody can join in and everyone is SO SUPPORTIVE and kind. At first it felt like everybody was so close and that I would never fit in, but I quickly started feeling at home.4. What CF accomplishment are you most proud of?This might sound a bit pathetic because it's such a small thing for a lot people.
I used to hate running. I mean haaaaate it (Ask my boyfriend, I used to complain every time there was an 800 m run in the WOD the next day), but that was just because I was bad at it. I'm talking, like, after half a mile I would want to take a break. Now, I can run 2 miles non-stop with no issues! Don't task me how long it takes me, though haha.5. What's your 9-5 (job)?I'm the marketing manager at a small-yet-scrappy inbound marketing agency called SparkReaction. I LOVE my job and LOVE my co-workers—Mondays really aren't too bad with a team like ours.
6. Other than CrossFit, what else do you like to do in your free time?If I'm not doing CrossFit or hanging out with friends, I'm planning my next adventure or researching new destinations. I'm always on the hunt for the best flight deal, and those are the deals that determine my Point B. My most recent find was a $290 round trip to Belize, and they're normally priced at $800! I also love sharing my "secrets" (they're not secrets, I tell everyone, lol) because I want more people to travel the world, and I know the cost can be a roadblock. So if you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out.
7. What keeps you coming back each day?This is so cliche, but the community keeps me coming back. I've never had a problem getting a good work out in or getting the motivation to work out, but I've never, ever found a support system like ours.
8. If you could cherrypick a WOD what would you choose?Angie (100 pull-ups, 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats)9. One thing your WOD friends don't know about you?I'm a first-generation immigrant. Meaning my mom and dad were born and raised in Vietnam, and I was born in Iowa. I can speak Vietnamese, too :)
10. Favorite Meal?
Pho. Look it up, and then go to Pho 515 and order the "Pho Tai" for your next hangover. You'll thank me later.