Member Interview: Nate
1. How long have you been crossfitting?
About 5 years. I started at MaxT3 when it was downtown. Shawn Thacker got me started.
2. What is your favorite movement that we do in CrossFit?
Probably clean and jerk or push press. Really any heavy lifts-deadlift. I’ve gotta stay in front of Julie on those.
3. What was your biggest fear coming into CrossFit MO2DT?
Not being able to keep up-I still can’t do that, I’ve just gotten over it! Not being able to perform some of the technical lifts was also a fear.
4. What CF accomplishment are you most proud of?
Probably just consistency and staying with it for this long. I don’t have a specific goal in mind in regards to a certain movement or lift. I’m 41 years old-for me, just remaining consistent by attending class 3-4 days a week is something I try to do. I am proud of maintaining that most weeks.
5. What's your 9-5 (job)?
I’m a pastor and have been since 2010. My church is New Life Lutheran Church in Norwalk.
6. Other than CrossFit, what else do you like to do in your free time?
Kids and family stuff-all that is great. Both my kids are swimmers so we are busy with that and basketball. We spend time walking our dogs and we like to travel. This past summer, my family took a trip out to Oregan and that was very fun.
7. What keeps you coming back each day?
Community. That absolutely creates accountability. The relationships with others also keeps me coming back.
8. If you could cherrypick a WOD what would you choose?
Anything partner. Those are great. I love the motivation you get from those.
9. One thing your WOD friends don't know about you?
I’m from Wisconsin!
10. Who pushes you the most?
Jess does all the time. She’s great, she’s always so positive and pushes you hard. I joke about it, but Julie, too. I don’t want to get out lifted by her! Certainly other athletes and the coaches push me, as well.
11. Favorite Meal?
Burgers on the grill-with blue cheese. It’s fantastic.