Member Interview: Sarah G.
1. How long have you been crossfitting?
I started a year ago in August, so almost 1 1/2 years.
2. What is your favorite movement that we do in CrossFit?
Probably cleans or back squat.
3. What was your biggest fear coming into CrossFit MO2DT?
So, I had done it a little before I started at MO2DT. I didn’t want to be bad at it, as bad as that sounds, but especially coming from college athletics. I don’t have that fear anymore, though. I now feel more fit than I did when I was running in college. Like overall just more fit.
4. What CF accomplishment are you most proud of?
Just proud that I’ve stuck with it, because I didn’t think I would like it. And I obviously do, now!
5. What's your 9-5 (job)?
I’m a student. I’m getting my Master’s in Anatomy from DMU.
6. Other than CrossFit, what else do you like to do in your free time?
I like to hike, play sports, cook, and hangout with my boyfriend. He is into fitness too, so that helps keeps me on track.
7. What keeps you coming back each day?
It’s like a team. Definitely the people. I for sure couldn't do this on my own.
8. If you could cherrypick a WOD what would you choose?
Any benchmark with running in it! They seem to be more manageable.
9. One thing your WOD friends don't know about you?
I was on the dance team through my freshman year of college! Then I decided I was better at track, so I stuck with that.
10. Who pushes you the most?
Definitely the atmosphere in general. Kristen and Michelle definitely do. Kristen will sometimes push me to add more weight, when I’m in doubt, and I usually end up surprising myself!
Coach Bryan has given me some really useful cues. Same with Jess. When they say to fix something, and I make the adjustment, I can feel what they mean and I wouldn’t have thought about it before they said something.
11. Favorite Meal?
Sweet potatoes for sure and probably steak, but it has to be cooked in the cast iron! And ice cream..