Here's the best protein waffles recipe I've found, these are light, crispy, and filled with protein! I make a few batches and then split them up in bags for the freezer for days when it's a grab and go breakfast, I can throw them in the toaster to reheat.
Light and Crispy Vanilla Protein Waffles
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 30
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup tapioca flour (I used arrowroot powder)
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder (I used SFH pure vanilla)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- maple syrup, to garnish
- Whisk together applesauce, eggs, vanilla extract, and coconut oil.
- Add tapioca flour and whisk until combined. Then add protein powder and whisk again to combine. Lastly, add baking soda, cinnamon and a pitch of salt and mix well.
- Pour batter into the waffle iron (greased, if needed) and cook until crispy. Be patient. Mine took less than 5 minutes per waffles. Repeat. My batter made 2 batches of 4 square waffles.
- Garnish with Kerrygold butter and pure maple syrup.
Yields 8 waffles
Adapted from: Original Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/light-and-crispy-vanilla-protein-waffles/